Introduction to Chronology of X

Introduction to Chronology of X

Hello and welcome to Chronology of X!

A place where I attempt to list a complete and exhaustive reading order for every X-Men comic ever created.

I have been a longtime X-Men fan (since the mid-90s to be exact), and in 2017 I finally decided to tackle the entire history of X-Men comics in a chronological way.

As I was reading all these comics, I started to create a reading order based on my experience and inputs, and also with major help from some websites like supermegamonkey (for everything up to the 90s)Marvel's Chronological Project (for everything post-90s) and also Crushing Krisis (mostly for TPB listings).

For some years now, I have been thinking about sharing what I've done, because I'm proud of it, and because I feel like it will help people trying to figure out how to tackle the immensity of X-Men's history. 

So, I have decided to create this blog, where I will be listing the reading order of the entire X-Men history and hopefully it will open up the debate on whether or not some things are correct and/or missing.

So, enjoy and feel free to comment, give feedback and point out mistakes!


What to expect

Before actually beginning, since so many x-comics were created throughout the years, I think it is important to establish some rules on what to expect with this reading order. 

My main objectives in going through this journey, are the following:

0 - The story must be considered canon;

1 - Include every main X-Men team comic;

2 - Include every X-Men team mini-series;

3 - Include all the peripheral/related X-Men issues/stories that expand the events occurring in the main X-Men team comics (example: X-Force, X-Factor, solo books, etc.);

4 - Include all the comics outside the X-Men team comics that are referred to / expand the story of the main X-Men team comics (sometimes X-characters appear in other books);

5 - Include line-wide events (such as Civil War, Secret Invasion, etc.);

6 - Include stories that I feel like reading, either x-related or not. This will occur more frequently from the middle of the 2000s onwards as it will be necessary to read some stories about Avengers and such in order to better contextualise the line-wide events.


Final notes

When applicable, I will explain the reasoning behind the inclusion of stories/issues.

Sometimes, in order for the chronological order to work, issues may have to be split up. I try to avoid it, but sometimes it is inevitable, especially on big events and crossovers.

I will comment on the posts whenever I make additions/corrections. I don't expect to make many corrections, but I will include continuity inserts when appropriate.


Let's start: Part 01




No comments:

Post a Comment